After you set up your Flex Aware device, you may want others to receive push notifications on their mobile device in addition to email or SMS notifications.
Push notifications are great for timely alerts and appear directly on your mobile device lock screen. These push notifications are not saved anywhere on the user’s device, so once the message is closed, it cannot be displayed again.
How to Enable a Push Notification on a Device using your app:
- Log into your app on the device you want to receive push notifications on.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Push Notifications toggle switch to turn it ON.
How to Add Users to Push Notifications using your app:
- Open the All Aware app
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner
- Tap Notifications
Tap the gear icon in the top right
Here you may see a list of notifications active and pending notifications. Active notifications are notifications that are currently running for your specific devices selected. Pending notifications are notifications that have not been fully configured and need to be completed.
- Tap the desired notification
If you have not created a notification for your device yet, see How to Create a Notification for a Flex Aware Sensor before continuing.
- In Recipients, tap Add
Choose a device or recipient.
If you do not see the device or contact you want to add, tap + Add Contact at the top right. This new contact can now receive SMS or email alerts. However, if you want to send push notifications to others, you will need to add them to your account. Learn how to invite others to your All Aware account here.
Once you have chosen a device or
recipient, tap Close, then tap
Save at the bottom right.
We suggest testing your new notification to ensure it’s working properly.
If you are having trouble receiving push notifications, ensure your mobile device settings has Push Notifications enabled for the All Aware app.
- For iOS, this is found under Settings > Notifications.
- For Android, this is found under Settings > Notifications > App Settings.
How to Disable Push Notifications for a User
- Log in to the All Aware app
- Tap the menu bar icon in the top left corner of the screen
- Tap Notifications
- Tap the gear icon to view the settings
- Tap the notification you wish to edit
- Tap the X next to the user(s) you wish to remove
The User will now stop receiving push notifications only for the notification that you specified. To remove them from other notifications, simply follow the steps above for each notification you wish to edit.
Need more support? Check out more support articles in our Knowledge Base.